YWCA Banff is grateful for the enthusiasm and commitment of individuals, groups, and local businesses who raise funds on our behalf. In addition to raising money for community programs, these events serve to generate a greater awareness of YWCA Banff and bring new support to our organization. Your dedication and generosity make all the difference!
Do you have a great idea for a fundraiser to support our programs, services and projects? Before you start planning your event, we ask that you take a few minutes to review our Third Party Fundraising Guidelines. If after reading the Guidelines, you and/or your group feel that your event aligns with our organization’s values, we would love to hear from you!
If you’re interested in fundraising but aren’t sure where to start, here are some creative ideas for events that you can organize in the community to help YWCA Banff:
- Organize a clothing swap or community garage sale and donate proceeds.
- Organize a sporting event and accept donations to participate such as a curling or badminton tournament, a community run or hike, or a stand-up paddle-boarding race.
- Host a charity fitness class at a local studio and donate proceeds.
- Organize a workplace potluck and charge a fee to enjoy the grub with proceeds donated to YWCA Banff.
- Partner with a local pub trivia night and charge a fee to play, with proceeds donated to YWCA Banff.
- Collect donations in lieu of gifts for your holiday party.
YWCA Banff is a registered Canadian charity #896331485RR0001. Tax receipts are available and applicable to donors for most fundraising efforts; however, some CRA rules and regulations do apply.