Step Up and Speak Out to Stop Sexual Violence.
What does consent really mean? We know that 45% of Albertans have experienced sexual violence at some point in their life – meaning consent was not respected. We also know that the tourism & hospitality industry experiences much higher rates of sexual harassment. Our community is determined to change this.
The Harmony Project is working to create societal shifts to end violence in our communities. In this session, we will talk about being active and engaged “upstanders” who can help prevent sexual violence by recognizing when a situation could escalate, stepping up, and speaking out to intervene.
This session will teach you to:
- Recognize sexual violence culture
- Define consent
- Learn and practice the intervention tools to be an upstander
- Be an active and engaged bystander in preventing violence
- Recognize the impacts of sexual harassment
- Respond to disclosures of sexual violence
- Use trauma informed practices every day
Join YWCA Banff for this FREE training session: 9 AM – 12 PM at YWCA Banff on Thursday, December 21, 2023.
Community Upstander Training - December 2023
"*" indicates required fields