Everyone has an opportunity to lead change.
There is an overwhelming ‘shadow pandemic’ of violence against women and gender-diverse people. Gender-based violence is the type of violence women, girls, non-binary, trans, and Two Spirit people are most at risk of facing.
It’s time to level up and expand your impact. The Leading Change Expansion Pack is now available to help men better understand their role and opportunity to make the world a better place.
If you are looking for a way to get involved, start here!
Who is the program for?
The Leading Change Expansion Pack Series is for men who want to stand together with women and gender-diverse people against gender-based violence, but might be unsure how to start. No matter how active some have been in this work, or have yet to be, the information and activities in this series will provide men with the tools they need to lead from where they stand.
- Increased understanding of gender-based violence
- Be able to describe the root causes of gender-based violence
- Better understanding masculinities relationship to violence
- Gain confidence to intervene when you see violence
- Increased ability to talk with others about what they can do to end violence
Join YWCA Banff and Alberta Council of Women’s Shelters for this 4-week series. All sessions are from 11:30 AM – 1 PM at YWCA Banff on :
- Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- Tuesday, February 28, 2023
This program was made possible thanks to funding from the Town of Banff.