Everyone has an opportunity to lead change.
There is an overwhelming ‘shadow pandemic’ of violence and abuse against women and girls. Men and boys need to join women and form a united front against this violence if we are ever going to see the numbers go down.
You are not abusive to the women in your life. You have read about the issue on social media; you’ve had some chats with women you know. You have heard alarming cases of domestic and sexual violence that happen in your community. You have the power to become a part of the solution.
Who is the program for?
The Leading Change Expansion Pack Series is for men who want to stand together with women and other gender minorities against gender based violence, but might be unsure on where to start. No matter how active some has been in this work, or has yet to be, the information and activities in the series will expand on skills men already have to be able to lead from where they stand.
- Increased understanding of gender-based violence
- Be able to describe the root causes of gender-based violence
- Better understanding masculinities relationship to violence
- Gain confidence to intervene when you see violence
- Increased ability to talk with others about what they can do to end violence
Join YWCA Banff and Alberta Council of Women’s Shelters for this 4-week series. Attendees are required to attend all four sessions. All sessions are from 11:30 AM – 1 PM at YWCA Banff on :
- Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- Tuesday, February 28, 2023
This program was made possible thanks to funding from the Town of Banff.
"*" indicates required fields