Do you know an outstanding woman in our community who has made a lasting difference in the lives of women and girls in the Bow Valley and beyond? Consider nominating her for a Bow Valley Women of Distinction Award!
The 2019 Women of Distinction Awards will be held on May 9th, 2019 as part of our annual Change Makers event, at the Rolston Recital Hall of the Banff Centre.
YWCA Banff is proud to host these awards, recognizing local women who through their own initiative, ability and effort have demonstrated exemplary achievement in their fields. The awards recognize women who are outstanding role models and have made substantial contributions to the local fabric of our community in unique ways.
Nominate a woman who fulfills this criteria:
1. Woman 18+ years old
2. A resident of the Bow Valley area – including the communities of Banff, Canmore, Lake Louise, Exshaw, Kananaskis and Morley.
3. Has made a significant contribution to women and girls in the Bow Valley and beyond.
4. Demonstrates a commitment to improving the lives of people around her, making a real difference in the community.
5. Previous award recipients, current YWCA Banff employees and selection committee members are ineligible to be nominated.
6. Key considerations for the selection committee include legacy; community impact; diversity; engagement; and leadership.
HOW TO NOMINATE
Nominations for the 2019 Bow Valley Women of Distinction Awards are now open and submissions will be accepted until Friday, March 29, 2019, 5pm MST.
The selection committee is comprised of YWCA Board members and employees, Women of Distinction alumnae and community members. The committee will review all submissions against nomination criteria and guidelines. The committee may contact nominators to confirm information or to ask follow up questions.
Three award recipients will be selected and announced in April 2019. Award recipients are expected to participated in pre-event media and promotion of the awards, and the award ceremony at The Banff Centre’s Rolston Recital Hall on May 9, 2019 (open to the public).